On a summer’s evening early in July, Ian and Marion Gordon-Finlayson host, in their garden, a production by the touring theatre company “The Miracle Theatre”.
The event is open to villagers and non-villagers alike and all proceeds go to charity. A bar, ice creams, coffee & sweetie bar, WC and free parking are available.
Theatre goers bring their own chairs and picnic hampers and scoff quails eggs, strawberries and champagne before, during and after the performance.
If the weather is kind, it is a wonderful evening. The quality of the productions is amazing and it is definitely an evening not to be missed. Past productions include:
- 2005 The Case of the Frightened Lady
- (Wiltshire Air Ambulance)
- 2006 The Government Inspector
- (Marie Curie Cancer Care)
- 2008 Jason (and the Argonauts)
- (Help for Heroes)
- 2009 Tartuffe
- (William Budd Foundation)
- 2010 Romeo & Juliet
- 2011 The Death of Sherlock Holmes
- (Wiltshire Community Foundation)
- 2012 The Importance of Being Earnest
- (Wiltshire Wildlife Fund)
- 2013 Waiting for Godot
- (Down Syndrome International)
- 2014 The Tempest
- (Meningitis Now)
- 2015 The Magnificent Three
- (The Merchant’s House Trust)
- 2016 Life’s A Dream
- (The Brian Tumour Trust)
- 2017 The Third Policeman
- (Wiltshire Historic Churches Trust)
A scene from the 2010 production of Romeo and Juliet
A scene from the 2009 production of Tartuffe
This year’s production in Ogbourne Maizey is
on Thursday 12 July starting at 7.30pm
in the garden at Maizey Lodge nr Marlborough SN8 1RY
(gates open at 6pm for picnics)
This summer, Miracle unpacks Chekhov’s bittersweet comedy about a once-wealthy family, whose idleness and extravagance have brought them to the brink of bankruptcy.
Bar/WC/Coffee & Sweetie bar
Tickets: Adults £14.00 Children (under 16) £7.00 Family £38.00 (2A 2C)
Tickets in advance only 01672 – 512125 or email: email@example.com
A special charity performance by The Miracle Theatre Company
In aid of Home-Start Kennet
Miracle’s open-air theatre productions have become a ‘must do’ summer activity with hundreds of people enjoying Miracle’s shows in gardens and stunning locations all over the South West. We are proud to be one of them!